RaceSplitter 1.3 — now available for purchase or upgrade through the App Store — introduces some exciting new features and improvements. We encourage all RaceSplitter customers to read through this article, and then go upgrade!
- NEW. Timing screen. When you a time a racer, you'll now be shown a timing card containing up-to-date race informationa about that racer — including standings (overall and within their category), and time from the leaders. (You'll also notice we've put the race clock directly on the timing screen.) You're gonna love it!
- NEW. Standings screen. Switch from the Timing screen to the Standings screen to get live race standings — overall, and within each category.
- NEW. Swipe to start race. No more inadvertent race starts. We've replaced the start button with a start-race slider. You're gonna love it.
- NEW. Fast creation of sequential start lists. You can now quickly create a start list of sequential bib numbers.
- NEW. Race-type: fixed distance or time. For races in which the winner is the one who completes the most laps within a "fixed time", RaceSplitter now supports proper results display when exporting or publishing to RaceSplitter.com.
NEW. Assign unnamed racers to named racers. Previously, you could only assign an unnamed racer to a named racer at RaceSplitter.com. Now you can do this directly in the app.
NEW. Edit the bib number on timing entries. Sometimes you time racer 231 when you meant 213. You can now change the bib number on recorded timing entries.
- NEW. Publishing to user accounts. We now require that you have an account at RaceSplitter.com to publish results online. If you don't have an account, you can create one directly from within RaceSplitter.
- IMPROVED. Reorganization of the race settings screen. We've reorganized the race settings screen to give you a clearer overview of the race details.
- IMPROVED. Renamed ”Teams/Categories” into ”Groups”. We've labeled this racer field "Groups" to indicate that you can use it however you wish. Most race organizers use it for categories, but some people still use it for teams.
We hope that you enjoy the new version of RaceSpitter. As always, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to email us. We're here to help!
And, if you like RaceSplitter, please consider helping us in any of the following ways:
Write a review in iTunes. People often make their purchasing decisions based on user reviews. A positive review of RaceSplitter in iTunes helps us so much!
Blog about RaceSplitter. Writing a blog about RaceSplitter, and linking to our website not only helps spread the word, but also leads to Google promoting RaceSplitter higher in search results.
Tell others. The biggest challenge we face is communicating to race organizers and coaches that RaceSplitter is really easy to use. Often the recommendation of a peer is the necessary nudge for them to give it a try!